Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1st trip to the beach

11 weeks 4 days

We were so excited to take Avah for her first trip to the beach Memorial Day weekend. I was waiting until she was at least 2 months old because her eyes seemed so sensitive to light the first few weeks..and she had to grow into her beach hat! I am being extra caution with sunscreen, her hat is spf 50 and I am ordering a Coolibar bathing suit..(I worked for a dermatologist before teaching so I am going to be a freak with my baby!!!) We also kept her under the tent the entire time haha :)

New News About Avah:
-She has found her hands and frequently tries to put them in her mouth. Occasionally she will suck her thumb for a few seconds but then makes a really yucky face.
-If I make sounds she will mimic me, not the exact sound I make but its like she is having a conversation with me. love it!
-A few nights she has fell asleep on her own. I have been nursing her to sleep but I read last night it might be a good idea to lay her down while she is drowsy but not awake...and ironically she has started doing this on her own.
-Mommy & Daddy are still in the guest room...just cant bring myself to be that far away while she is sleeping yet...so I guess this is old news :)
-She is still refusing the bottle...it is a work in progress..

No comments:

Post a Comment