Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bed side table....

Recently I had to swap my Chelsea Handler, Elizabeth Gilbert and Sophie Kinsella books for a more intellectual read, PREGNANCY books! When D and I first started talking babies a friend of mine suggested I read What to Expect Before You're Expecting and I am so glad I did! I learned so much from this book and tried my hardest to get my body in the healthiest baby womb shape ever! I immediately stopped taking b.c. and began a prenatal vitamin daily. I read folic acid will help with nausea so there isnt any harm in being over prepared.
I am now onto What to Expect When You're Expecting, Origins & 100 Healthiest Foods While Pregnant. I am determined to feel my best(if possible) and provide Baby L with the healthiest possible start to his/her life. By "healthy" I am going all-organic on meat, dairy and most fruits. Those yummy white pastas, sweet teas, coffee and anything boxed/bagged will not be missed! In the past year I have made a conscious effort to change a lot of theses eating habits but there are days I just give in. I have tried for months to ween myself off my dear morning, afternoon and evening friend:coffee. But, I always go back after those dreaded caffeine headaches. However, since becoming pregnant I have not had one cup of joe or one headache. I feel great, Its amazing!
I am sticking to my original pre-pregnancy fitness plan until I am told other wise. I usually do 20-minutes of cardio (eliptical, run, spinning) followed by 30 minutes of free weights and lunges. I hope to incorporate some yoga back into my life soon. The mindfulness and distressing will be beneficial once Im back at work!

As of today Im feeling great! The nausea and excessive saliva only lasted a few days but Im sure it will return again. I am experiencing some cramping at night but other than that all is well! My first doctors appointment is August 9th. and Ill be in my 9th week!! Im so in love and excitedddddddddddd. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment