Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sharing the news with our parents..


I called my mom as soon as I left David's work...I could not wait to share this with her. I thought a while about how I wanted to do it..should I send a pic of the test or just call? I decided to call in the event she was driving, saw the pic and fainted.. just kidding. I knew my mom would be so happy for us but Im her little girl..she will always see me as 10 years old no matter what...same goes for my Dad. I dont think they realize how old they really are. :) Once I got in touch with my mom I think her response was something like
Mom: "no way", "are you serious"
Me: "yes, were pregnant!"
Mom: "oh my gosh, congratulations"..a few moments later.."you know what that means..no more alcohol"

Then I think once it sank in she was calling me making sure I knew I had to see a doctor...and to tell me she was going to a maternity store to shop already! score!


We waited to tell David's parents the next morning because there was family in town and we were really trying to keep in quiet until I saw a doctor. So this is how David gave them the news..
D: " you guys have to stop smoking"..his mom smiles really big at me.."yep, kara's pregant"
Parents: his mom hugs and kisses me and was so excited...she said she was so excited she was going to burst because she had to go inside and appear as if nothing was said. torture. haha..
Stats so far:
As of today I'm going into my 5th week & I weigh 123 lbs. Baby L is the size of a poppy seed and is currently developing the circulatory system and heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment