Tuesday, September 20, 2011

to stay home or not to stay home....

I cant believe I almost forgot to blog about the other exciting news we got this week, David was offered a position within Onslow County Schools as their Food and Nutrition Supervisor! David has worked very hard the past 2 years applying for and interviewing for positions outside of the restaurant. When he got this call and texted me at work I almost fainted...I was beyond excited..but then reality hit..we both agreed long ago that I could stay at home once Baby L was here only IF we could live absolutely 100% comfortably. Which means we would not deplete our savings, traveling is still a must ( esp. once we have expanded), education for Baby L, living credit card free..the list goes on. We also agreed we were not down with the whole day care situation..I have worked in far too many..even super nice ones to allow my child into a day care full time. SO, long story short this would mean Baby L would be with a childcare provider full time because the position simply did pay enough for me to stay home. Then, I began to think of everything else- my gracious parents paid for this education, to set me up for success and a career...and I wasnt too sure I was ready to throw that away. I will have tenure next year and if I stopped teaching and went back I would start at beginning teacher status. dislike. David would love it because he would be home everyday by 5 but there are too many uncertainties to take the position right now. If anything, it gave him a lot of confidence to keep pursuing other opportunities...and the right one will fall into place sometime. :) For now, Baby L will be home with Daddy until 1 and with a nanny 1-4pm most days. His response "Ive got this."

No comments:

Post a Comment